Congratulations on marrying your best friend! As your wedding approaches your photographer will likely contact you to go over your wedding day shot list. In addition to your friends and family groupings, a photo grouping that will allow you to look back on the small but important details of your wedding day are your flat lays. We’ve taken the guesswork out of what you should bring for your flat lay/ detail photos by creating this Wedding Flat Lay Checklist.
“This blog post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of them and make a purchase, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you!”
For the Bride(s)
- Your engagement ring and your wedding band
- A ring box. We love this simple decorative ring box that comes in various colors. You can find other adorable boxes to match your wedding theme on etsy or amazon.
- Wedding Day Jewelry (necklace, bracelets, earrings, anklet, and any other wedding day pieces)
- Vow book
- Handwritten letter to your partner
- Your Bouquet
- Perfume Bottle
- A custom hanger for your wedding dress
- Your dress
- Your invitation suite
- Save the Date card
- Any other wedding date stationery
- Floral trimmings – ask your photographer for a few extra flowers and greenery for your flat lays!
- Any other sentimental details that you want to remember from the day!
Packing your Wedding Flat Lay Items
Fortunately this is something that you can work on throughout planning! Packing your wedding flat lay items doesn’t have to be a last minute task. As you decide on your wedding day details, you should begin to compile them all in one place. If you’re anything like me and struggle with object impermanence, I suggest a clear plastic tote so that you can see everything that you’ve packed. Be sure that your stationery isn’t bent or folded so that when it comes time for photos everything can lay flat. If you and your partner are getting ready in separate areas, we suggest having your box of wedding details with whichever partner the photographer will be seeing first. One thing we suggest is letting your photographer know which items are sentimental or family heirlooms so that they can take extra care of those special details.
Thanks for Reading!
I hope this Wedding Flat lay Checklist helps you prepare for your wedding day! Wedding Days tend to go by quickly so it’s important to have the photos to look back on. Let us know in the comments if you have any suggestions to add to our list. For more help with planning your wedding, check out our planning tip blogs. For the MOST help planning your wedding, inquire with us to see if your date is available. Kathryn Rose Event Company would love to help you plan and execute your perfect wedding day.